Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Wii Vs PS3

This is an interesting chart. Courtesy of Blogpulse, it shows the relative buzz online (as measured by mentions in blog posts) for the Nintendo Wii and the Sony PS3. Sony launched a week earlier, and sold out, but now the buzz that they acheived has been overtaken by the Wii.

Wii have done a number of smart things, not least launching in Toys R Us, rather than a dedicated gamer or electronics store, and also holding family open days to communicate to the more casual (read housewife) audience.

This review from Amazon UK

"Me and my son have just got back from Nintendo's roadshow in Brighton, and I have to say that this remarkable. I don't know much about what goes on inside a console, and to be frank after seeing this I don't really mind. When I played myself I found this to be extremely fun to play aswell as watch (games such as Wario Ware can be quite entertaining!). I feel this is the perfect present for anyone this Christmas, keeping active is a problem for gamers. This console makes you move, and enjoy doing it! The price is also very good, in terms of the new consoles I was very wary about buying any, until I saw this price tag, and that's including a game! It has even persuaded me to put a bit more money than I usually would out because the extra controllers make all the fun!"

(I know - I'm taking it at face value that this is a real 'review')

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails