Friday, January 05, 2007

Ford Sponsors Ben Griffith on MySpace in the UK


I found this yesterday: ford have been advertising in newspapers to promote their sponsorship of a young British singer-songwriter Ben Griffith who has a MySpace page.

The deal is very subtly done, with no Ford branding on his page, but Ben has this to say about it on his blog:

"So, I have some very exciting news.

About 2 weeks ago I was contacted by Ogilvy and Mather who represent fords advertising interests. The people at Ford were looking for an artist who they felt was well on their way to big things. MEEEEEEEEEEE i shouted? and they said yes you.

So ford have loaned me a Ford Focus to drive around to all my gigs in, and in return they're taking photos of me on tour, in the car, at home, chillng out, writing my songs, and then I have to write a journal that'll be used for an advert.

It's going out in lots of papers and so as you can imagine I'm very excited. It means a whole audience of people will check out my myspace site who don't even know I exist. I think in music, if you're passionate about what you do, you basically need help to get out there and be heard. And I'm hoping that is what this ad will do.

So if you see me or have seen me in a paper or magazine and that's why you're here. Please leave a comment about my music, cos then I know you've been, and also add me as a friend so that we can stay in touch."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails