Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Travel Resources

About 5 years ago I arrived in Australia for a few months with a big fat copy of Let's Go Austalia in my bag. I ended up dumping it pretty quickly, because I found that all I really needed was Google. Hostel in Freemantle? Check. Train times for the Ocean Pacific? Check. Good bars in Cairns? Check.

But recently I've been using Google far less for travel because of two new discoveries.

Gridskipper - the quirky, original travel blog has been around for about 3 years, but its new re-design focusses on maps. & since I'm off to Berlin soon, and they seem to have one posting on Berlin every day, it's been essential reading

Delicious - again I've been using delicious for a couple of years, but it's only recently that I've started to search it. For example, if you put Berlin Bars in the search box (without + signs or "quotes" - just berlin bars) it shows you all of the sites tagged by members with those two terms. Obviously this depends on second guessing the tags that other people use, but with a bit of playing around you should get some good answers, and of course you can see how many people have saved each link.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This blog's information is very rich.i very like it

Related Posts with Thumbnails