Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Sponsored Tweets

Sponsored tweets is a site that acts as an exchange between twitter users and brands who want people to twitter about them.

Users sign up, stating how much they would want to be paid to tweet about something, and then advertisers can find people willing to tweet about them, with a link, for a price.

It all uses full disclosure - for example: 'Big ups to my sponsor ACME check out http://...'

This is not good. Yes, the paid element is disclosed, but the whole process devalues the genuine expression that you get on twitter. My first thought was that it could be good for charities and causes, but again the idea of them paying people to tweet seems tacky. I think if anyone I followed started doing this I would un-follow pretty quickly.

Avoid.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails